ccsmith51

Well Known Member
A short time ago someone posted a link to a company that makes a bolt-on rudder pedal extender, that will help to keep my big feet of the brakes when I push on the rudder pedal. The same site had a kit to convert the spring system to a direct link at the rudder.

I thought I had bookmarked the site, but I can't find it. Can someone please tell me what it is?

Also, anyone with a PIREP on the direct link?

Thanks,

Chris

Pirep

I have the extenders. I like them. Nicely constructed units. They subtly help (i.e. aren't extreme).

Another thing to consider is to change the geometry by shortening the steel strap rudder cable connectors to the rudder pedals. This pulls the bottom of the pedals towards you, while the pivot point is stationary, which changes the geometry to keep your toes off the brakes.

Another thing to consider is to change the geometry by shortening the steel strap rudder cable connectors to the rudder pedals. This pulls the bottom of the pedals towards you, while the pivot point is stationary, which changes the geometry to keep your toes off the brakes.

Here's a thread about changing the pivot point of the rudder pedals and the effect on the rudder throw. Good pictures IMHO showing the relationship between the straps and the rudder throw.

I had to lengthen the steel straps to get the correct rudder throw.

Here's a thread about changing the pivot point of the rudder pedals and the effect on the rudder throw. Good pictures IMHO showing the relationship between the straps and the rudder throw.

I had to lengthen the steel straps to get the correct rudder throw.

Good call Scott. The point is getting the throw right. My RV6 had straps that were too long (and from your pics, much longer than you had), and so had to shorten them. It's a balance to personal preference, but the good thing is that the geometry is adjustable quite easily.

Thanks for all the help!!

I ordered the extenders last night.

I will check my travel this weekend. The links from my pedals to the cables appear to be 6" or so long. I'll see if they can be shortened to move the pedal bottom forward. I have long legs so I don't want to move them too much, but even an inch might make a big difference.

I'll report my findings this weekend for those interested.

Chris

Rudder pedal extender PIREP

I got the JDAir pedal extenders a couple days after ordering. Quick shipping, and they are of high construction detail and quality. They slipped right on the pedals and fit perfectly.

Today was the first time I have had a chance to go flying. I found that they made control of my plane much easier as they kept my big flippers (feet) farther away from the brake pedal.

I am very pleased with the product, the communications, the shipping, and would recommend these items to anyone that wishes to have a bit more room between their feet and the brake pedals.

Chris