bonanza36

Does the RV4 now come with a completely welded rudder pedal/brake cylinder assembly like the other current RV's? Comments and pictures of the current parts would be greatly appreciated.

Best pics I have

Here are some pics of the brake/pedal components assembled...each brake cylinder has an ACS individual resevoir. Pedals are from an RV supplier. Don't think he makes them any more....

This is probably the best picture I have. http://gikonfuse.blogspot.com/2006/07/rudder-pedals.html#links Double click it to enlarge, and I think you will be able to see.

The parts are the standard parts supplied by VANS. A steel weldement, black raw steel in this picture, the pad of the pedal, some brackets you make up and the cylinder.

If oyu scroll around the fuselage section of the blog you will see other pictures also, but this is perhaps closest to what I think you want.

Hope it helps.

Just What I Needed!

Thanks Guys, this is a big help. I am building a single seat aerobatic biplane called a Skyote, see www.skyote.org , and I intend to incorporate some variety of Van's pedals rather than scratch build per plans. I had already determined that the pedals from the RV8 would work okay. Looks like the pedals from the RV4 are somewhat more petite and would be more appropriate for the Skyote. Sorry to suck you in on an "off topic" request but the information and pics have been very helpful.