crestal

I'm New Here
I am looking for metal rudder pedal blocks that can attach to the lower cross bar on RV-6A rudder pedals to assist for shorter person.

Anyone know where to obtain. Another RVer indicated he had purchased from someone through this site.

thanks,

Jim

Hey Jim-

Just got a pair from JDair.com. They seem to work pretty well although they
don't really displace your foot that much from the brake pedal. You can try their site an see what you think. There are more expensive ones out there but I am not sure that they would be worth the extra $$.
You can also do a search here in the forums under "rudder pedal."

Peter K
9A-185 hrs

My RV-6 builders manual jusy says to split a piece of heater hose and stick it on the bar. I love Vans low-cost approach to building.

I used to have the split hoses on my rudder bars.. it worked, however they would have a tendency to rotate on the bars.. Had to reach down & re-rotate them back... (not in flight of course).. I was thinking about a way to secure them from rotating when instead, I bought a pair of extensions from JD Air... They work good..

Hose + non-skid tape

I did the split hose trick and then spiral wrapped the hose with a 1" strip of wing walk tape. That eliminates the rotation issue. I covered the rudder pedals with wing walk tape also, so it has a 'matched' look :cool:

The ones from........

MLBlueskunk are really nice, hold in place. I have them on both sides of my 6 and wouldn't have anything else. They are worth the money.