deene

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I'm planning on using a 3 strobe system which will include the Whelen A500 rear light/strobe combo. If you had a rear (rudder mounted) lite, how did you mount it?

Thanks
Deene.

I built up the area with some flox and glass, then drilled and installed with a touch of epoxy some brass threaded inserts from the hardware store. Then simply screwed in the light with some 440 stainless screws. I made the wires long enough and with a disconnect that I can pull them out with the light and then unplug them.

I came out rear spar near the bottom hinge pivot point and simply dropped the cable into the open bottom of the fiberglass fairing.

Rudder mount for light

Deene,
I made a metal mount and rivited it to the rudder. The mounting holes are tapped, a little loctite and your all set

Gary
N715AB

dscf03354ih.jpg

dscf03423dj.jpg

rudder light mounting

deene said:
I'm planning on using a 3 strobe system which will include the Whelen A500 rear light/strobe combo. If you had a rear (rudder mounted) lite, how did you mount it?

Thanks
Deene.
Epoxy/flocked in a thin piece of modeler's plywood, drilled holes, used a nut that had teeth(can't recall the name) that really bites into the wood when the screw is gently tightened, a little more epoxy/flock and done.