rvaitor87

Well Known Member
Well I got around to cutting those ugly slots for the rudder cables to come out of, and I need a pair of those cute farings that cover up those ugly holes. So my question is, who makes and sells them?:confused:

Thanks for your help :D

Mike Bauer
Bartow Florida

RV-3 N87LB Flying
RV-4 N742MC building

......the rudder cables to come out of, and I need a pair of those cute farings that cover up those ugly holes......
Mike,

Once you get a pair of the little cuties, a dirt simple way to quickly install the fairings is good ol proseal and clean, scuffed faying surfaces.

Well I got around to cutting those ugly slots for the rudder cables to come out of, and I need a pair of those cute farings that cover up those ugly holes. So my question is, who makes and sells them?:confused:

Thanks for your help :D

Mike Bauer
Bartow Florida

RV-3 N87LB Flying
RV-4 N742MC building

You can easily make a pair of fairings in a few minutes. Here are details (scroll about 1/3 down the page):

http://thervjournal.com/fuse8.html

fuse-94.jpg

fuse-95.jpg

fuse-96.jpg

Last edited:
I went with Sam's directions

These little fairings are simple and quick to fabricate. I followed Sam's directions. It is just one more special project. Creating something from scratch, without expense and admire every time you look at it.

Randy Hooper

Rudder fairings

Thanks to all who responded! I think that I am going to make my own from Sam's drawings, looks simple, yet effective.:D

Mike Bauer

Thanks Sam

Thanks to Sam's previous post's I was able to quickly make these fairings.
Very simple and look good.

Peter

Here's mine

Used the ones from Avery, but riveted them on w/ flush rivets instead of pro-sealing them the way Rick did above.

There are lots of ways to do this, from NO fairings (like the RV-4 plans say), to flush-mounted w/ screws for easier removal, to home-made ones like Sam's. Another one of those areas left to "builder preference", but for me anyway, that makes it all-the-more rewarding when it turns out like you planned.

RV-4%20Construction%20photos%206-05-08%20005.jpg

RV-4%20Construction%20photos%206-05-08%20011.jpg

Confession: this was a good excuse for me to have a go at this picture posting thing. Hope it works!
didn't work first time, trying again . . .

Last edited: