ratc

Well Known Member
I'm sure someone has found an accurate way of positioning the fuselage rudder cable exit holes :confused: Could someone give me a good method that works first time, I don't want to spoil things at this late(ish) stage. :eek: I don't suppose that it's something that the pre-punched builders have to contend with.

I did this just a couple weeks ago... You are correct, there's no dimension given on where this should be.

I chucked a stepper drill, closed my eyes and and let her rip!

Actually, I did measure to ensure they where both in he same place. But I SWAG'd it and walkted the stepper to ensure the whole was flush with the angle. You'll notice the whole is lop-sided. I drilled a "double-whole" and used a file to cleanup the mess, of which there was plenty.

-Bruce

Rudder cable slot location

I located mine 12.5 inches forward of the aft skin edge,and it is about 2" long...making the front of the cutout approx. 14.5" from the skin edge.It is a slot just wide enough for the teflon sleve (approx 3/8") and the bottom of the slot is right on the longeron top surface....seems to be very smooth.

I haven't hooked up the rudder yet, so I can't tell you how smooth it is, from reading other posts, I imagine it's been done better. Use those measurements.

-Bruce

"I don't suppose that it's something that the pre-punched builders have to contend with."

If you haven't seen one of the pre-punched kits yet...avoid it as long as you can. Trust me. Enough to make a grown man cry, if he wasn't worried about tears etching the aluminum.

Yes, there is a perfectly cut, perfectly placed little oval hole there.
Everything else is perfectly cut, joggled, cleaned up and powdercoated, etc.

Of course, I like to think that my CAT could build one those things...

Jeff