hawkpdx

Hi
I'm wanting to move the rudders pedals on my RV-3 up a couple notches on the stops. What is the cable tension? Since moving the pedals forward would require adusting the turnbuckles up. Thanks.
Ed Hawkins
Troutdale Oregon

Unless the RV-3 is drastically different from the other RVs there is no cable tension except for that provided by your feet. Maybe I'm missing the point of your question.

Rudder cables

Unless the RV-3 is drastically different from the other RVs there is no cable tension except for that provided by your feet. Maybe I'm missing the point of your question.
Guy
Guess I'm used to cerified airplanes where most cables have a specified tension measured with a tensionometer (I need a spell checker) You answered my question, I'll just run up the turnbuckles to eliminate any slack and safety them. Thanks.
Ed

Guy
Guess I'm used to cerified airplanes where most cables have a specified tension measured with a tensionometer (I need a spell checker) You answered my question, I'll just run up the turnbuckles to eliminate any slack and safety them. Thanks.
Ed
Ed, what Guy is saying is that there is no way to adjust the slack out. There will always be slack unless your feet are pressing on the rudder pedals. Does your airplane have turnbuckles? Most RVs do not and you have to make different length steel links to adjust the cable lengths.