Tom Gan

Started putting together the rudder assembly and I have a bit of a problem. I measured 4" minimum from the firewall per plans and clamped the left and right side bearing block. The right side sits flush against the side skin and rail but the left side bearing block is a bit angled. It fits flush against the skin forward but there is a 1/8" gap on the aft end. The plans show the 1" holes drilled at a slight angle but when I looked at them they seem to be drilled plum and level. I tried switching blocks and flipping them thinking that they may fit better but I got the same result. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Front and Rear assemblies?

The only suggestion is to make sure you have the front and rear assemblies in the right place. I switched them somehow and got similar results to yours. There are dimensions on the plans of mine showing the length and to cut if/as required. I didn't have to cut mine and after getting them in the right place it worked perfect.
Good Luck

I double checked the left and right side assemblies per plans and they are correctly installed. Called Vans and they said suggested to flip the part upside down. The parts are slightly drilled at an angle but I could not tell by looking at them which was the correct way to install. thought I did all of the permutations but I'll try it tonight again. If that does not work Van's said they would send me out a new block.

Don, thanks for the reply.