SR2500

Well Known Member
I've searched but can't seem to find an answer. I have an RS232 feed coming from my KLX-135A to my Tru Trak ADI. However, I didn't allow for a feed to my Tru Trak Digitrak. Can I simply split the feed from the KLX-135A and use it for the ADI and Digitrak? Simple Solder Sleeve splice would be easy.
Thanks,
Jerry Folkerts

I'm far from an electronics expert, so I can't answer to the ins and outs of splitting it.

However, when I first bought the -10 there was an issue with the RS-232 feed to my Digiflight II, and after some research and discussion I split the feed just like you mentioned.

It worked just fine.

That's my "n" of 1, FWIW.

Yes you can. I feed 3 RS-232 GPS inputs from one GPS using a terminal strip with no problems. At higher baud rates, you need to be careful with noise / interference / shielding / twisting wire, but not with lower baud rates as I understand it.

Generally speaking, yes, you can split one out into several in?s. Because each input does consume some power, and the out can only supply so much, there is a limit. But most RS232 outs can drive two inputs; some can drive three; etc. Of course all of these inputs will be at the same format and baud rate.