n2290g

I'm New Here
I have an RV-10 with a new IO-540, an MT prop governor and the Hartzell blended airfoil prop. Not flown yet but I have done a full power taxi run. I only get 2,200 RPM. I think it should be higher but I don't know for sure how high. I have not adjusted the governor yet and I expect that is what I need to do. Any advice? Thanks

The prop should go to the engine red line.
Before messing with the governor, make sure that the throttle and prop controls are going completely to the stops. Many of the RV-10s that I inspect have a problem in this area.

I would second Mel's advice, but add that before you make any significant adjustments other than assuring full travel, you should verify that your tach is accurate.

There are a number of ways to do this, but the easiest is to use one of the optical tachometers.

I would second Mel's advice, but add that before you make any significant adjustments other than assuring full travel, you should verify that your tach is accurate.

There are a number of ways to do this, but the easiest is to use one of the optical tachometers.
Good catch, James,

Sorry I missed that. So many people have gone to the electronic tachs of late, and generally they are pretty accurate. But you never know.

All good points... I would then add...if the tach checks out as correct, open the manual that came with your new prop and use it to evaluate what needs to be adjusted (low pitch stops on the propeller, etc.)

I can't speak

to how to set up your airplane, however:
I always use a "Prop Tach" hand held electronic type to verify RPM.
Some aircraft will limit at the low pitch stop under static conditions, with governor adjustments made in flight, full power, best angle of climb.
Andrew