pilot28906

Well Known Member
I am mounting the Dynon AOA/Pitot and have placed it in the next bay outboard of the bellcrank. I think it would have been easier to put it in the bay inboard of the bellcrank but the hole is cut.

Question: How have you guys routed/secured the AOA & Pitot lines (safe air)? Is running under the bellcrank an option or do most secure with clamps around the bellcrank?

Thanks

I went under...

Under worked out okay for me... the chosen routing through the ribs can help to ensure a clear path... just make sure that there is no pinch point on the tubing or other interference.

Thanks. I just ran them through grommets in the rib and under the bellcrank and they look out of the way. I may use one of those cable tie mounts to make sure the tubes stay secure to the spar web.

Thanks again.

Hat Section Anchor

I made a couple of hat section aluminum anchors about 1/2" wide, 1/2" high and 2" long. I mounted the legs on the long axis to the two bolts that attach the tie down anchor to the aileron bracket (one for the top bolts, one for the bottom bolts). The wiring (or in your case tubing) is secured to the hat section anchor with tieraps.

Under

John,

I'm building a 9 and my pitot is one bay in from the belcrank, but I ran my AOA tube under the pushrod, then into my electrical conduit line
059561d5.jpg

Another view:
63df1d54.jpg

My home rolled airspeed and AOA pitot:
44470abd.jpg