Latintan

Well Known Member
My RV-6 left me stranded yesterday (90 miles fro home) during a run-up. 0-320 with two Bendix mags. Started great, left side ok but right side check misfired, and RPM went to 0. It was ugly. I did not let it die off completely, just killed it so don't know for sure it it would have died on the right side. Upon inspection under the cowl, nothing was obvious. Without tools at the time, I had to leave the plane at the airfield. But my question is this: The right side is not just rough. It is misfiring. Does not sound like a plug or wire "roughness". The symptoms are of a mag that lost its timing. I tend to think is the mag. Does this sound like the correct thinking? I will return with more tools but would like to have as much ammo as possible to pinpoint the problem. I'm thinking of taking new plugs and perhaps get ready to remove the mag for a checkup. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Chris, I sent you a message earlier. I am at River Ranch (2RR). I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do.

Thanks a lot for your offer!

Manny