joeboisselle

Well Known Member
I'm temporarily without a hangar, so installation of the Rotec TBI has been slow, but really all I had to do was make a bracket for the mixture and primer button, build a small spacer, and fit it all to the existing air box. Plug in the throttle cable, and fuel line, fire it up and blast into the sky. It did take a little tweaking to get the idol mixture/rpm where I wanted, but overall it was a fairly simple project. Pirep? Throw the marvel dribbler away! Best mixture control I've ever had. Don't even need an EGT, you can hear where it's at. I took it up this afternoon for about 20 minutes just for an ops check so I don't really have anything for performance data at this point. I'm just really impresses and after years of messing with the carb I think my woes are over. Ill try to make up a parts list with pictures if anyone's interested in these.

Definitely interested in seeing some pictures and the parts list. Sounds like a great winter project... :)

Rotec could sell a bunch more TBIs if they made an RV install kit. I don't see why everyone needs to engineer their own solution for the primer button, spacer, cables, etc.

Last edited:
On an 0-360 rv-4.

This photo will take you to the others I've posted.

Bob, you're right it did take some brains to fabricate all the pieces. Even adding the 90 deg. fuel fitting from the regulator to the TBI, and the blue hose from the TBI back to the regulator would have been nice. I have no idea what they use to activate the primer button, this was the best my imagination could come up with. Other things like the spacer, cable brackets and such are so variable I think that's just part of being a builder.

Last edited: