Christopher Murphy

Well Known Member
I am looking seriously at installing the ROTEC TBI on my o-320. Is there anyone out there running one of these on their RV who can answer a few questions?

How does your engine run with it now?
Do you have any start problems or stumbling when pushing the thottle up?
Do you have a standard primer syst or are you using the primer button on the regulator?
What type of fuel filtering set are you using?
DO you have any vapor lock issues?
Chris M RV-4

moderator... I put this on the main discussion board so more people might see it.

Last edited:
I have a rotec carb on my O-320 powered RV-3. My engine seems to like the rotec very well. The only problems I've had were trying how to run the mixture cable and learning how much to prime for a cold engine start. I'm using a lever on the pressure relief valve and it's simple and works well once you know how long to prime the engine. Once the engine is warm the engines starts right up without any need to prime. I have the blue gasolator and one inline fuel filter for each wing tank. For my mixture control I had to make a bell crank because I would have had to change my present mixture control cable. I don't have a lot of time on this carb yet but a friend of mine has one on a O-235 that he has been flying for a year now and is very happy with it and his fuel burn is lower than his old MS-3 carb. One other thing I had to do was make a 3/4" spacer between carb and airbox because the rotec is shorter than the standard carb. I've also been able to lower my idle speed about 150 rpm's with the rotec.
Dennis Winkel

I own two, one for my Rocket and one for my flying RV-6. I just finished up on the mixture bellcrank and cable brackets for both installations. Just a matter for me to do some before testing, switch over, and test the Rotec. I run mogas so I want a return line and have that to do as well.

Rotec TBI installation pictures?

I bought a Rotec TBI for installation on a O-360 A1A in our RV-4. We are still awaiting the engine. So we are starting to figure out, how the installation (cables, brackets, lever for pressure relief walve, etc) might look like.
I would be interested to see installation pictures on the forum. I'll post ours as well, when we are at the point. Thanks, folks!