NYTOM

Well Known Member
Anybody with a early TBI send theirs back down under to have the revisions done to bring it up to current specs? Rotec told me at OSH last summer to just send it back with postage paid both ways and they'd take care of it free of charge. Sounded like a fair deal till I went up to UPS today to ship it to them.
UPS wanted $390.00 to ship it both ways! :eek: This just seems crazy. Had them check again and it was the same. Wondering exactly what they do to the TBI and if maybe it's something I can do myself. It's a little scary to bolt it up to a brand new engine on a brand new plane and fly it for the first time. Anybody know what they do to it. Do they replace parts or modify what's there? I'm thinking it might be safer to turn it into a paper weight and go with a carb. I thought it was supposed to be simpler.:confused:

Check shipping with USPS. It's almost always cheaper for international shipping (no broker's fees).

FWIW, USPS Priority is almost always cheaper than UPS Ground, too. And it arrives in 2-3 days instead of a week to 10 days.

Charlie