JohnF

Well Known Member
Warranty registration paper document with the engine said to send it to Kodiak Research, LTD at PO 658 Bay & Deveaux Street in Nassau, BUT
the CD supplied gave the address as PO N7113 Marlborough House, Cumberland Street, Nassau.

Which did you use? I asked their customer service which it was via email but have not net had an answer. I note you have 30-days after receipt of the engine to file this, so I need to get it done.

Was easier to register using their website. I think it is listed on the bottom of the registration card.

http://www.rotec.com

The website gives you the option of obtaining a waiver, if the engine will not be put into service immediately. The warranty period appears to be 6 months from the time the engine is put into service for an experimental.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Engine Warranty Registration

John and/or Marty:

Have you confirmed that registering at rotec.com actually worked? In looking at the site, they are a service center for Canada and not the US. Kodiak indicates you should register via your country's service center. However, none of the US service centers have the online capability. Kodiak's website does have a place where you can check to confirm warranty registration by serial number.

Anyone else registered theirs another way? If you mailed the paper form, where did you mail it.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff,

After mine was done, I had some difficulty getting Kodiak to put it in the system (the one where you could look it up on their website and see). So I talked to Scott Risen about it and he got Kodiak to give them access to the warranty site. So Joe just brought it up and put it in for me. I checked Kodiaks site and there it was. I think John Bender did his thru the other site though and had some warranty work approved. I have a pending warranty issue now myself. Thankfully, they looked up my serial number and I was registered. Using Van's from now on would certainly be easier.

Web engine registration...

I, too, used the www.rotec.com web site to register my engine. It worked well, I set up an ID and password and can log back in and see all of my engine registration parameters. I was also able to obtain a waiver and set my date for 1st engine start where I wanted it to begin my warranty period.
You are also able to select a primary service center, in the U.S.
No regrets so far, but I don't have a warranty issue.....yet.

Tony

Last edited:
www.rotec.com, Canada, no longer accepts engine registration for engines they did not build (they can tell by the serial number; mine is 6779978), and, they suggested I contact Kodiak Research, USA distributor.

Kodiak Research website will do a quick check to see if your engine is registered. If not, they suggest you contact your local service center for registration.

Did a quick google search for service centers - tried California Power and Lockwood. Neither website had a way to register your engine.

Another google search. www.rotaxflyingclub.com claims "We are the only approved Online Rotax Engine Registration organization for the United States, Central and South Americas." Filled out their form - required serial number and contact information; but, there was no option to extend the warranty from engine start up. Got a confirmation email from them stating engine was registered.

So, what has been the recent experience of others attempting to register their engine?

Chuck

www.rotec.com, Canada, no longer accepts engine registration for engines they did not build (they can tell by the serial number; mine is 6779978), and, they suggested I contact Kodiak Research, USA distributor.

Kodiak Research website will do a quick check to see if your engine is registered. If not, they suggest you contact your local service center for registration.

Did a quick google search for service centers - tried California Power and Lockwood. Neither website had a way to register your engine.

Another google search. www.rotaxflyingclub.com claims "We are the only approved Online Rotax Engine Registration organization for the United States, Central and South Americas." Filled out their form - required serial number and contact information; but, there was no option to extend the warranty from engine start up. Got a confirmation email from them stating engine was registered.

So, what has been the recent experience of others attempting to register their engine?

Chuck

I think Van's now can help you with this. Call and ask for Cynthia.