lewy

Well Known Member
Hello, since Skyview is the only option now, we have decided to order the firewall forward kit while waiting for Skyview. Is it possible to get a extension on the warranty of the engine, I searched the forums but probably looking in the wrong places, thanks Don Lewis

Rotax warranty extension

Once having received your engine you have the option of registering it on-line. The on-line registration allows you to request a homebuilders warranty extension, their words off the website:
Homebuilders may be eligible to receive a warranty deferment that postpones the start of the warranty period until the aircraft is finished and operational.

If a warranty question arises the website indicates the following info may be needed by the authorized Rotax Service Center:
1. Proof of engine purchase
2. Documentation showing proof of first operation date

• special airworthiness certificate (i.e. FAA sign-off)
    certified true copy of aircraft log book page
3. Completed installation checklists

Last edited:
As I found out after lots of false information, the warranty for use in a homebuilt does not start until you fire it up, that is for months and hours time. That information is not contained in the normal warranty section, but in a separate part of the Rotax manual.