roger lee

Well Known Member
Just an FYI,

After talking to a few RV owners make sure you do your REQUIRED Rotax 25 hour warranty inspection. This is spelled out in the warranty papers from Rotax that every owner should get. Make sure you document it well in your logbook because if you claim a warranty Rotax will want a copy of your logbook. The 25 hr. inspection and oil change doesn't take that long. Your Rotax warranty is a contract between you the owner and Rotax and not Vans. For your standard 912ULS its 18 months or 200 hrs. which ever comes first.
Also make sure you get your Rotax engine registered. Without that you can't file a warranty claim. Only about 20% of the Rotax owners register their engine and this is also a way to get special bulletins if they arise. Technically it isn't the aircraft Mfg's responsibility to register the engine although some do and that's nice of them to do this. Ultimately it's the owners responsibility. If the Mfg said they did it just double check. If you didn't register your engine and have a warranty issue you will have to go back and do this before they offer any assistance.

Have a new RV-12 SLSA coming into town next week. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
I believe #3, but I'm not 100% sure. I have worked on other RV12's, but I haven't worked on the newer SLSA model yet. Looking forward to seeing it.

Last edited: