pczar3

Well Known Member
Patron
Hello everyone,
a few weeks back I posted a couple questions on 5th point mounts for a -6A. Well this week end I finished my mounts off. The mount on the left with the bolts and belt has the outside mounting plates on it. The one on the right is plain to show a less cluttered picture. They fit great. I had to go back to the sheet metal benders guides to refresh my memory on set-back, bend allowance and sight lines. The basic parts a main channel that was bent to nest in the aviation grade angle aluminum. Then the larger rectangular stiffners were added. All in all a very satisfying experience.
5thpointtwo8x6.jpg

Hope this helps others.
Paul

Very nice work. They look to be a lot stronger than the rest of the RV-6 airframe.

so i'm curious, how does the 5th point work with the stick? i just can't seem to picture how that layout works

How it works with the stick

In the picture the mounts are laying on their sides. When mounted between the seat pan ribs the mounts are standing vertically with the belt coming out the top. The mounting position is as recommended by Vans, just aft of the large hole in the seat ribs. The top of the mounts also have screw holes to attach to the seat pan. The stick sits forward of the mount and the large hole in the seat pans.
Hope this answers your question.
Paul