FrankK90989

Well Known Member
Here is a pic of a pair of visors I cooked up, mounted them using the existing hole in the rollbar. :)
They will adjust back almost 180 deg.
1z2lwyt.jpg

Last edited:
Frank,

That is awesome. How 'bout more pics / details? What material did you use? Do they block your view when they're stowed? Do they bang against the windscreen glass from vibration? Can they be removed easily? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

mcb

Ok

Folks,
The acrylic is 4 1/4" X 10" dark smoke, screwed to a stiff aluminum 1/4" rod with 4-40 screws (drilled and tapped). the mount is all stainless .072 X .75 with a 1/4" socket for the rod TIG welded and tapped for a 8-32 knob.The distance between the socket and the bolt hole is 3/4" oc.
They vibrate very little :) and are breeze to remove. hope this helps

Last edited:
Very nice!

So how much are you going to sell them for??? Seriuosly... You can mark me down for a set. I bet you could sell a couple hundred!

Travis

GOOD JOB!!

Me too. I've been thinking of ways to do this. You just ended another sleepless nite.

Barry
Tucson

Frank,
After last night's flight I got to thinking that I would really like to install some sort of visors in my -9. Your design looks simple and effective. My question is, now that you have been flying with them for a while, what changes/improvements would you make to the design, if any?
Thanks,

Frank,
After last night's flight I got to thinking that I would really like to install some sort of visors in my -9. Your design looks simple and effective. My question is, now that you have been flying with them for a while, what changes/improvements would you make to the design, if any?
Thanks,

I should anodize the rod some cool color (lazy). and add a inch to the depth to 5.5" .If it didn't work just cut it off. I do like them cause I don't wear shades they make my Dynons and pda gps hard to see.
I will send the Dynons in for the bright screen upgrade next month:eek:.

Last edited:
pix?

Frank,
If you get a chance, would you post a close up photo of the mount/pivot bracket? Good idea and clean installation.

Steve

I should anodize the rod some cool color (lazy). and add a inch to the depth to 5.5" .If it didn't work just cut it off. I do like them cause I don't wear shades they make my Dynons and pda gps hard to see.
I will send the Dynons in for the bright screen upgrade next month:eek:.

I think you should sell these bad boys!! I bet you could sell a couple hundred just on this site. Heck, you've got it down pat, with as much as 100ll runs these days most guys could use a couple thousand bucks in their aviation pot. If you ever decide to make them, name the price, I'm in!! They are awesome!

Travis

I think you should sell these bad boys!! I bet you could sell a couple hundred just on this site. Heck, you've got it down pat, with as much as 100ll runs these days most guys could use a couple thousand bucks in their aviation pot. If you ever decide to make them, name the price, I'm in!! They are awesome!

Travis

Thanks but no thanks--- I don't think I want to go in to the manufacturing business. Me thinks one could not make em one size fits all, the bolt hole in the roll bar would have to all be drilled the same. a custom fit would be needed. just sharing my idea
But thanks for the nice compliments:)