prkaye

Well Known Member
Can you guess what I'm working on today? ;)
The canopy roll-bar brace has considerable freedom in fore-aft positioning. THat slot in the skin that it passes through is pretty long. I don't see a measurement in the plans saying exactly where the front of hte roll bar brace should sit fore/aft. Only the edge distance for the bolt holes is given.
It looks to me that this is probably not critical, as I don't think this brace really interfaces with anything else. Should I just pick a spot and drill?
Oh - it also looks like I have to cut a good 1.25 inches off the top of the brace (dependign how I position it)... is that about right?

Hi Phil,

I positioned mine so that the brace fit well in the bracket at the top of the roll bar, while still fitting the slot in the skin at the bottom.

No -- Not yet.

Don't drill or cut yet unless you have the canopy finished and have the windscreen fitted. With the windscreen fitted you can tweek the brace back and forth to obtain the desired height of the windscreen. I drilled mine a little too early and ended up welding the holes shut and drilling new ones to get a little extra length on the brace as the windscreen was sitting a hair too high. Hope this helps.