yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
The roll bar attachment fittings have beveled corners on the front sides. After clecoing all the roll bar parts together for matche drilling it looks like the assembled roll bar would fit onto the attache fittings much better if the corners of the bevels were rounded-- the inside of the front and rear roll bat parts is rouind, but bent squarely or to a bevel. Has anyone rounded the edges of the bevel? Is there any reason not to do this. And since the roll bar will be visible when the canopy is up, is there any reason not ro fill and sand smooth the countersunk rivers on the top and sides before painting>

THANKS

Wayne N143WM reserved

I just finished my roll-bar and I did round the beveled blocks slightly... mostly because they gouged the inside of the roll-bar as I was slipping it off and on, testing the fit.

The inside of my roll bar got gouged up as well, but I never thought to do anything to prevent it since it will be buried in the structure.

As to filling the rivet holes - I can't think of any reason that it would be a problem, as long as you're careful not to sand away any of the rivet head material. Just my amateur opinion though.