wirejock

Well Known Member
My cuss jar keeps filling up installing the control surface rod end bolts. I'm working on tips so they go on and off a few times. I decided to modifiy a set of pliers so they won't slip off the bolt. I have serveral pairs of these tiny lineman needle nose. A little heat and a squeeze around a 3/16" rod and they grip the bolt.
ZvnKGeAm.jpg

Nasmdyem.jpg

Last edited:
I did the same thing with some hemostat forceps, they will lock onto the bolt. I found them at a local hardware store.

Temporary pins

One of the advertisers here sells a temporary pin for just this type of thing. It's a 3/16 rod, with a bend of about 120 degrees & a threaded end on the bend. You use a female threaded bar as a handle to hold the pin, push it into place, then unthread the handle piece. I got these after doing much cussing like Larry while fitting the rudder to VS for work on the tips.

+1 for the hemostat. I have bin using them for 40+ years and have several sets. Short medium and long, strate and bent. Grate fore getting washers, spacers, bolts, even cotter-pins, in tight places. I have even used them for tying wire harness. Really grate fore any place you can?t get your fat fingers. Ok mine aren?t fat there just big boned. Lol