Bubblehead

Well Known Member
The rocker arms that came off the old wide-deck IO-360 cylinders have two different part numbers.

4 are p/n 69443D and have a large oil hole pointing toward the pushrod.

4 are p/n 68520D and do not have the large oil hole, but have a smaller hole on the valve side, but the hole does not extend all the way through the bushing.

The Lycoming parts catalog PC-306-14 show the rockers are p/n 19357.

Can someone fill me in on these? Can I use the rockers I have? Does one p/n go with the exhaust valve and one with the intake?

Also, I need 4 "LW-14995 Spring, shroud tube." I did not save the ones off my old cylinders so need replacements. Anyone know a handy source? I found references to SB519 that concerns this part but it is not on the Lycoming website. Is there anything I need to attend to on the SB?

I also need a couple oil screen gaskets. Lycoming lists these as p/n 06E19769-1.00. Any suggestions on sources? Is there an equivalent AN or MS number for this part?

Last edited:
The rocker arms that came off the old wide-deck IO-360 cylinders have two different part numbers.

4 are p/n 69443D and have a large oil hole pointing toward the pushrod.

4 are p/n 68520D and do not have the large oil hole, but have a smaller hole on the valve side, but the hole does not extend all the way through the bushing.

The Lycoming parts catalog PC-306-14 show the rockers are p/n 19357.

Can someone fill me in on these? Can I use the rockers I have? Does one p/n go with the exhaust valve and one with the intake?

Also, I need 4 "LW-14995 Spring, shroud tube." I did not save the ones off my old cylinders so need replacements. Anyone know a handy source? I found references to SB519 that concerns this part but it is not on the Lycoming website. Is there anything I need to attend to on the SB?

I also need a couple oil screen gaskets. Lycoming lists these as p/n 06E19769-1.00. Any suggestions on sources? Is there an equivalent AN or MS number for this part?

I am on the road and do not have my parts books.

The rocker arm with the hole toward the valve is the Exhaust valve.

The rocker arm with the hole toward the push rod is the intake.

One of the ads on VAF is A.E.R.O. They have a great web based inventory and cross reference for parts. Type your part number in on their web site to cross reference to other part numbers from all the manufacturers. The other engine shops that support VAF also can help you with a phone call.

Since the 06E19769 was not listed, you are going to need to call or find a newer part number in a parts catalog. ECI and Superior both have on line parts cross-references. The people at ECI have been great in helping out RV builders.

Unlike the parallel valve engines the intake and exhaust rocker arms are not interchangeable on the angle valve engines. The rocker arm fulcrums are not parallel to the piston face, the pushrod side of the rocker is angled to align with the pushrod. What this means is when you put it together it will be obvious which rockers go on either side. Don't worry about the oil holes.

The pushrod seal springs come as a set for the engine, not sure what the part # is but when you order them you'll get a little box as a complete set for the engine. Two are used on each pushrod tube so you'll need 16. You can get them from aeroinstock.com

The oil screen gasket is just a copper crush gasket, you don't need to get the Lyc. part for that. I think that would be an AN900-16.

Last edited: