bobnoffs

Well Known Member
i have seen the very recent posts on rivit squeezers but my question is a little different. seems that as a new rv-12 builder i will need a rivit squeezer, but i won't use it very much. i do not have any use or want an expensive tool that will last forever with daily use. will the cheap [$75] squeezer do a good enough job on the few rivits i have to squeeze for my rv-12 or will i see a better squeezed rivit with a tatco?
thanks,bob noffs

Buy a good one. There are a lot more squeezed rivets than you might think and your arms will thank you for it. You can always sell it again later.

Same advice, buy a good one. In the grand scheme of things, the price isn't all that much more. There are enough #4 rivets to make a difference. A Cleaveland Main Squeeze is the best hand squeezer IMHO, and much appreciated on a long line of #4s. Other than that, try to borrow a pneumatic for that row...

Bob

ok. thanks for the quick replys. i just have no experience in metal airplanes. i did get my masters degree in wood/ cloth building a fisher dakota hawk over 8 yrs!
i just ordered a quality squeezer online.
bob noffs

You might want to consider a pneumatic squeezer also. Very consistent results for a good finished product. Very easy to resell also.

The Main Squeeze is a fine piece of equipment. The pneumatic squeezer is a must have (IMO). I bought mine after the tail was done and regretted not buying it in the beginning. You will use it a lot. Think about all those nut plates that have to be dimpled. Buy it, use it, then sell it in 2 hours right here on the forum and get close to what you paid for it. I could not part with mine when the job was done, it is just too good.

As an alternative to the pneumatic squeezer you might consider a rivet gun kit. I bought one from Aircraft Tool Supply for about $250 that included all the sets and bucking bars as well as the gun. Much cheaper than a pneumatic squeezer and greatly appreciated when driving 1/8" rivets.

IMHO

Buy a Pneumatic Squeezer and yoke from Cleaveland tool or ( post a WTB: Pneumatic Squeezer on the formum under VAF Classifieds) . You will be glad you did for rivets and dimpling.

Sell it on the forum after your build :D

Ditto what Dave12 said!

Last edited: