Hi,

I'm just wondering about the top rob of the rivets holes on F-773 (at the back where the aft deck is).
The fuselage didn't came rivetted from the QB-factory.
Do I close them now (currently in the stage of fuselage construction), or do they get rivetted with the lower empennage gap cover (F-994A)?

Thomas
IMG_3970.JPG

Some of the rivets on that top row get tapped for screws to hold on the aluminum fairing strips that sit just under the HS.

On my slow build I installed all of those rivets. I will have to drill out a few on each side if I use the aluminum fairing strips. If I get creative and decide to use the wrap around fiberglass style, I may not have to remove these.

Is there any good reason to screw on the aluminum fairing strips to make these removable? I can't imagine why these need to be removable.

Is there any good reason to screw on the aluminum fairing strips to make these removable? I can't imagine why these need to be removable.

They overlap the inspection plates, thus it is probably advantageous to have them be removable. I suppose one could rivet them on and still be able to remove the inspection plates, but it might be asking for a bent fairing strip somewhere down the line.

Greg

rivet 'em ..

Myself - and a number of my RVer friends - riveted those strips under the HS on with no regrets. We decided that removing the emp fairing would provide all the future access we needed in that area, and the juncture with the aft inspection covers was trivial to deal with. Keep it simple, I say.