Lou

I just finished with the practice control surface kit. The last two rivets (most notably the last) on the rib next to the trailing edge are in a tight spot. I suspect most of you are probably thinking to your selves "ya, you haven't seen anything yet there newbie". I have a Cleaveland main squeeze and the 3" yoke which is just too big for this tight area. I was able to use the gun and a tight fit dimpling fixture from Cleaveland turned around and anchored, but it did not have the mass to do the job properly. Do I need to think about the 4" thin nose no hole yoke or is there a better way. I am suspecting that most of the bucking bars will be too big (only have the 2.2lb footed right now).

.........The last two rivets (most notably the last) on the rib next to the trailing edge are in a tight spot........
There are various ways to approach the problem. One example is to temporarily plug the upper hole on a suitable yoke. In this example, I inserted a SS screw, its slots sanded off into the yoke thus providing adequate clearance to set the last two rivets in this elevator skin. Don't be confused by the reflection. Careful observation will reveal the shop heads have been set per spec using the yoke shown.

2z9h15c.jpg

You folks are the greatest!

Andy, Rick, thanks, two great ideas back to back. I need to think out of the box abit more.

no-hole yoke very useful

I just ordered a no hole yoke from cleaveland for my main squeeze, and I am on the finishing kit. They are very useful. If you have the money, it will pay for itself by the time you are done.

Randy
8A
FAB is a real pain

Thin nose no hole

Looks like that might be the ticket. I was not sure how thin the nose piece of the "thin nose no hole yoke (4")" section actually was. Between this and Andy and Rick's suggestion I should be in good shape. I see that a few of the A/C tool suppliers are having sales on the squeezer yokes. Probably a good time to get one.

Thanks everyone, I should be ordering the tail kit as soon as Uncle Sam figures out his fair share for tax season.