Dave Bernard

Greetings again fellow builders-

I had to stop working on my project 2 1/2 months ago due to a job change and just got started again yesterday. Where I left off, I had an issue riveting the FL 704 to the FL706B- For some reason the two surfaces didn't mate properly and I have a small space between the two- with the rib (FL704) dimpling up to the plate. I had put a small bend in the forward flange of the rib to help it mate with the spar better, and I figured this was the source of my problem, since I didn't do this with the other flap (which came out fine).

I ordered a new FL 704 (the plate was reusable after drilling out the bad rivets) and started over again today the same flippin thing happened! The two surfaces were flush prior to riveting, and the first rivet went in fine, So i ASSumed I was good to go and set 3 more rivets before realizing I had the same problem again!

Not feeling so good about this being a "build on" since a failure of this part could lead to a flap assymetry, but it really doesn't look so bad.

From Afar:
pic1-1.jpg

Extreme Close-Up:
pic2.jpg

Thanks ahead for your opinions / suggestions!

DB

Dave,

It helps to put the manufactured head on the thinner material and the shop head on the thicker material.