MNellis

I've started back to work (well, plans reviewing anyway) on my '6 and I wanted to rivet my aft deck (F-614). At what point have other riveted the aft deck into place? My concern is that if I rivet it too soon I will not be able to get my hands down there when it's time to drill the tail spring mount.

Second point; I made a mistake and drilled ONE of the final holes for the tail spring mount (WD-609). I immediately realized whey I hadn't done this before (it's been several since I've worked on the project) when it came to me that these holes needed to be drilled when mounting the VS. Since I've only drilled one hole to the final size, will I have any problems when it comes to mounting the VS?

I'm also about half way through the tip-up roll bar so I'm probably making a mistake by thinking/working on both of these areas at the same time.

Something to consider?

When you get ready to drill and then rivet the Aft Deck, check the fuselage for twist first.:eek::eek:

When you get ready to drill and then rivet the Aft Deck, check the fuselage for twist first.:eek::eek:

That's been done, the aft deck was fit, drilled and prepped for riveting a couple of years ago and it's been sitting in place, clecoed, since then.