wmcmaster

Has anyone been successful in getting a hold of anyone at Rivethead?

I placed an order with some other builders last March for their Silver Bullet tailwheel link and arm, but don't have the product yet. My buddies do have theirs, but mine somehow has not yet arrived. I did pay via paypal last march.

Is anyone a friend of Daves? I would really like to talk to someone about my order. I don't know if it did not get shipped, or was lost in the mail.

I am getting close to flying, and would appreciate any help you can offer.

Wayne McMaster
RV 7 Greenville IN
502-387-1066

We gave up on our order and our money Wayne - we love our Silver Bullets, and needed some spare control arms (due to wear) - ordered them in March, despite knowing that delivery times can be uncertain. We were not aware we'd be charged immediately,with no delivery date. Unfortunatley, we waited so long that we cannot recover the money through any means other than court, and we're not going to do that out of state.

Dave has unfortunately ruined his reputation in the RV world as far as I am concerned.

Paul,

Dave did call me today. It sounds like he did ship to me, but somehow the address was not correct. The part was returned to him with a hand written note saying they did not order the part. I made sure that Dave had my correct address. He said he would ship to me soon. He did sound like he was busy--- but was very pleasant on the phone.

Hopefully, I should see my tailwheel link in the next week or so. I will let you know.

Wayne McMaster
RV 7 - Greenville IN.

Looking at the finacial crisis and (deleted), leads me to cut a little slack for those busy tring to make the best of a difficult solution.
Having said that I offer my help in getting the business at hand with David resolved. Call me and I will make sure that you receive a response in one day and the issue with parts being shipped will be resolved once I have inventory in hand.. There will be no PAY PAL and parts will be shipped once the check has cleared. Rod Bower Aviation.
[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming Soon

A while back, I announced that a we are coming out with a new and improved Steering link for all of the tail dragger RV's. We are on target to have them ready by the end of the month.

The first production will be ready next week. They will ship within a business day of the order. No more waiting or wondering!!!!

Paul, we will also have a new arm available that will retrofit. Finally, several other new products are in works.

Other new products, slider canopy latches, a very cool oil door latching mechanism and a few other products in the work.

Slack?

That's good news, Rod. However, I think you'll find little slack given to anyone who treats their customers with such evident disregard as Rivethead Aero/Full Throttle Concepts.

The forum threads speak for themselves. Here are but a few:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=43738
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=40752
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=33467
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=19384

The damage to the company's reputation has been long ago reached critical mass for most of us. I'll be using my Silver Bullet until it wears out, then I'll probably replace it with somebody else's product.

Having said that, I truly wish you luck in turning things around.

No excuses

Looking at the finacial crisis and listening to the Obama solution, leads me to cut a little slack for those busy tring to make the best of a difficult solution.[email protected]

I can't imagine how this comment explains or excuses the treatment that I have received from Rivethead. I have called and left messages three times since the order in early March and he hasn't had the courtesy to respond in any way. This has nothing to do with the economy. Rod, you and Paul communicated about our order about two weeks ago and you told him that there was nothing that you could do. What has changes and why haven't I seen or heard anything? The order was in my name and I made the calls to him.

We cut him a "little slack" when we waited about four months with no communication before going public about our order. He has well exceeded deserving anyone's patience.

Hi Louise,

If you want, you can have our Silver bullet. After it came apart while taxiing, I never did trust it again. Just sitting on the shelf. One of the rod end bearings is slightly bent. Maybe you can use it for parts to fix yours.