jferraro17

Opulence, I has it...
Based upon my bucking partner's skillllllzzzzzz, it's hard to believe, BUT, I have 6 rivets in my fuse that could not be bucked even though the callout is for a 426AD3-3.5.

I've got a bunch of MK-319-BS laying around, and thought I'd use them--they are countersunk, albeit a tad long. Concerned about strength. Are these overkill, or not strong enough?

For you -8/8A guys...it's the last aft 3 skin rivets on each of the baggage ribs. SOMEBODY :)o) installed the cross rib, and access is now nil.

Thanks for the input!

Joe

mk319 OK

I think the MK319 is an adequate strength replacement for an ad3 rivet. I've used a few in tight spots, normally for non-structural things like the flap fairings and such. For areas where strength really matters, like skin to longerons, etc. I would favor the cherry's. There are several spots where the top forward skin on the RV-8 requires rivets that would have to be bucked inside the gear tower, which is now full of wiring, brake lines, fuel vent lines, etc. so I used cherrys for those.

Skin to baggage rib...well, thats sort of an in-between. MK319 is probably fine.