Ed McKelvey

I'm New Here
I have a rivet sqzr that I purchased from USATCO last Apr at Sun'n Fun. It worked great until this wk. Suddenly it can't handle AD4 rivets...no guts! I checked the compressor..90 to 100 psi..no problem.
Before I tear this thing apart..I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.
Thanx.
Ed

The squeezers work on a cam and sometimes, on the latger rivets, if you dont get your squeezer dies on correctly, it doesn't generate enough power to squeeze them. Change your dies around on the squeezer...i.e. put the shallower die on the plunger and the thicker die on the yoke and change around the washers, if you are using any, until it squeezes correctly. I have also run into this, especially with longer rivets.
Good luck.

Ed....

Do a search here on the forums for 'pneumatic squeezer'. I had the same exact problem about 8-9 months ago, and found out the problem was NOT the squeezer, but yet, how I was setting it up. There are extensive posts in that older thread about how Avery Tool showed me the tricks of setting up the squeezer for longer rivets. Now, I am not saying your squeezer didn't develop a mechanical problem, but like Avery told me, I would bet there is a 99% chance it is ONLY the adjustment of the depth. The correct depth adjustment is almost contrary to what your mind tells you it should be, as far as how the squeezer develops power for the longer and/or larger rivets.