newimaging

So I made my first mistake, and was wondering if I need to order new parts or if it might slide or be fixable.
When drilling the HS 405 & HS-702 thrue the skin, I din`t push them hard enough together, and then noticed that the resulting rivet holes doesn`t quite have the 2x distance to the edge. See pictures below. Its the hole on the right bottom.

HS405a.jpg

HS405b.jpg

doesnt look too bad but if you look in ac43 or the manual that came with kit, there is min and max edge distances for -3 and -4 rivets.

Probably okay

This is a common issue. I would send your pic to Vans and let them judge. I had similar spacing on that part and they were okay with it. The call could save you time and dollars.

It is to print

Christian,

If you look at View B-B Zone 9B of DWG you will see that this is the edge distance shown on the drawing. On the aft side of the HS-702 you will see a phantom line that is the HS-405 edge in question.

I was concerned about this previously and discussed with Van's. They confirmed that it was to print.

You are good to go,

Scott

Thanks guys, I e-mailed Vans and got a response by 8am this morning. Have to say, didn`t expect it that fast. They said I am fine and its exspected on that part.
Thanks for the input.