fodrv7

Well Known Member
On Sunday 5th March a collection of a few thousand rivets became airborne in the form of an RV-7, VH-WHZ , alias ?Riveting Experience? and remained in tight formation.
We are all aware that Vans has designs a fabulous aircraft and that Bart at Aero Sport Power produces grunty, smooth, reliable engines, but I, being the builder, must humbly confess that when the whole package flew straight and level hands off with the ball in the middle, I was surprised and delighted.
The complete episode was superbly video?d by my son Martin from the Gerry Elliot?s RV-8 chase plane, which he flew so accurately I didn?t hesitate to tuck in close to in formation. The video will be available in a few days, on my website. Standby.
So many people made this possible I cannot thank them all, but I am deeply in debt to my ?Mother Bucker? mate Ainzee who, being a Musician, fined tuned my ear to the rivet gun.
Also attached is a picture of my beautiful and supportive wife titled a ?A Kiss before Flying.? When it was taken, before take-off, she had a slightly different title in mind.
Thank you all.
The best is yet to come.
Peter JAMES.

Australia.
PS. The last aeroplane I flew was made by Bill in Seattle. This one flys better.

"First Flight Imminent"

Pete, Congratulations! Now you've got to change your signature file from "First Flight Imminent" to "Flying!".

Notice any difference

Your inflight photo shows no LG fairings but the last one shows them in place. Did you happen to notice the quantitative difference in flight?

Bob Axsom

Many congrats, Peter!!!

Way to go! Great photos and a happy Tuesday to you!!!

Best,
Doug

No Pants

Bob,
i fitted the fairing for the Weighing and noticed that the tyre to fairing clearance was insufficient on the outside.
I can only assume that with the total weight on the wheels that the tyre is distorted outvoard a fraction so I decided to fly without them.
It also means that now I know it flys straight without them, when I fit them tomorrow, any yaw will be attributable to them. Nothing worse than two problems at once for misleading the diagnosis.
I will let you know if there is any change............ besides the ASI increase.
Pete.

What the heck is a tyre? Just kidding, Pete. Congrats on a beautiful plane. You guys that have finished and posted pictures are a great inspiration to those of us still working. I put the picture of the wife kissing you on my screen saver cuz my girl loves that mushy stuff.

A real Beauty!!! Thanks for the inspiration...Enjoy the dream, and I am looking forward to the video. What is your website address?

First Flight Video

First Flight Video is now available as follows:
Made by my son Martin, chase plane camera man and professional movie producer, I think it is worth the download time.............. my opinion that is; albeit, that of the supporting actor.
Pete.

Highest quality, Mac Only
http://www.extranet3.ripcurl.com/albums/mjames/RV/RV_EDIT_HIGH.mov
- Requires Quicktime 7
- MPEG-4 H264 codec with AAC Audio
- 640 x 480 @ 25fps
- 52MB

Medium quality, Mac/PC
http://www.extranet3.ripcurl.com/albums/mjames/RV/RV_EDIT_MED.mpg
- MPEG-1
- 352 x 264 @ 25fps
- 35MB

Medium QualityPC/Mac
http://www.extranet3.ripcurl.com/albums/mjames/RV/RV_EDIT_PC.wmv
- Requires Windows Media Player
- 480 x 360 @ 25fps
- 15MB

Lowest quality, Mac/PC
http://www.extranet3.ripcurl.com/albums/mjames/RV/RV_EDIT_LOW.mov
- Requires Quicktime 5
- Sorenson 3 Video with AAC Audio
- 320 x 240 @ 12.5fps
- 22MB

Excellent video. I'm saving that one for the next time I get bogged down and think I'll never finish. :)

I really like the "Look, no hands!" part.

And is that an airstrip or a dirt road that you're flying out of??

Dave

Dirt Road.

Dirt road? Dirt road?
Why, it's a 'Standard Aussie Runway'... Mate.
That's why you need an Allroad. To tow the RV back to the hangar.
Not many sealed rwys in Aus. To little traffic.
And not much grass, as it doesn't rain.
Thanks for the compliment on the Video and not commenting on the two bounces.
See my post; 'Flying Blind. Traps for Old Timers.'
Pete.