cjensen

Well Known Member
Well, I reached a number that I didn't think I would get to...somewhere in this picture, is rivet number 16,000!!

5-22-10-010w.jpg

I was surprised to reach 15,000, and can't believe that I've passed 16k! The actual number after riveting the gear leg fairings, was 16,040. I still have the front skin to rivet and a few plate nuts, so the number is still growing. I'll have a final tally to report in about a month!

:cool:

Chad, I believe you need professional help, son.

You actually counted your rivets? I think you may have set a new high water mark for OCD ... :D

You actually counted your rivets? I think you may have set a new high water mark for OCD ... :D

Hehe! Yep! That count includes the pre-fabbed spars and center section...

When the men in white coats (thanks Darwin) show up, I'll now know that it wasn't for my "general" misguidings with the whole alt engine thing...it'll be for this! :D

G'day Chad, looks great man !
16.5K of rivets , I wonder is Vans knows the actual amount, just to see how close you are. ( not that you have missed any.... have you ... LOL )
Hope to hear a first flight soon.

The next stage is CDO - similar to OCD but worse - sufferers insist on placing the letters in alphabetical order :D

I've been keeping a running total in my Kitlog Pro log for the -10; it's not been hard to keep track (honest, I don't feel compulsive! ;)) So far I am just about finished with the tail surfaces (not the tail cone) and am up to nearly 3800 rivets. I'm not differentiating between 'standard' rivets and those required for modifications like the air conditioning, so the final total will still only be a ballpark figure for anyone else building a -10, but it's interesting to do anyway.

I just finished the right elevator (starting on the left) for my RV-7...

I'm at 1791. (110 of which have had to be drilled out.)

(It's pretty easy to count at the end of each work session...it might take me...10 seconds?)

I have a long way to go...

Shucks with my OCD, now I am going to have to go and count all the rivets in my finished and flying 7A to make sure I did not miss any rivets any where and the plane is safe to fly.

I am going to know how many rivets are in my airplane as well....As soon as Chad publishes his final number! :p

Hehe...been counting since day one, and keeping track on my 'Numbers' page on my site! No joke! LOL!!

Gearleg Stiffeners

Looks like you need to add your gearleg stiffeners. Contact me from my ad on the website. Turtle Wood Designs.
Roger
Keep pounding them rivets, it eventually ends.