Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Hey guys. The instructions get pretty sparse on the flap actuator assembly.

I've got it all figured out except the three -4 rivets that are common to the F-766A Flap Actuator channel and the F-767 angle. I'm on print 33 and cant find a rivet callout for these anywhere.

Are most people using AN470's here or AN426's? I'm guessing they're AN470's but it bothers me that I cant find a callout.

Screenshot attached to show what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 6.48.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 6.48.09 PM.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 111
I dont remember exactly which rivets these are but on my tip up RV7 I had to remove the AN470's and install AN426's because the cross tube that locks the canopy was rubbing on the heads of the rivets in that area

Thanks- I'm doing a slider so I doubt that it matters, but it bugs me that I straight up can't find a callout on the print. Gonna make me feel stupid if I discover that it was right in front of my face.

Cockpit

In the cockpit, I always used flush rivets where I could for no other reason than to make cleaning easier.

Rivet spec

On DWG 33 it calls out AN470AD4-5 rivets to attach the F-748-L&R brackets to the base of the F-766 flap channel. I assumed that as the F-767 was a similar thickness to the F-748's I installed three AN470AD4-5 rivets in that top location on the flap channel.

These rivets do not need to be flush as no other parts are installed on top of the flap channel.

Regards,