OK check it out, this isn?t a VANS but the question is still relevant. We are doing a major panel retro in a Cessna 210 and need to move the fuel flow indicator. My partner will not listen to me when I said you can?t replace the rigid fuel lines with flexible. The flex have a time life on them and nobody will know they are back there when it comes time to change them and besides would you want flex fuel lines behind a panel anyway in terms of freaking fire hazard?

My question is does anybody know where I can find the info to support this. There?s nothing in AC 43.13 or any service manual but I know there has to be a reg somewhere.

From a fire hazard standpoint..

Why would you want a fuel line in the cabin period? Have you investigated finding a kit to fit a electrical fuel flow unit with the pressure transducer at the 'T' fitting and get the fuel lines out from behind the panel altogether?
Just my $.02 worth..

Why would you want a fuel line in the cabin period? Have you investigated finding a kit to fit a electrical fuel flow unit with the pressure transducer at the 'T' fitting and get the fuel lines out from behind the panel altogether?
Just my $.02 worth..

RV's have numerous fuel lines in the cockpit area. They come in from the wings, to the selector, through a pump, and out through the firewall.

As to the question of rigid fuel lines versus flexible, this subject was hashed out on this forum about a month ago. I'm sticking with my rigid lines, as flexible do have life spans.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Just my $.02 worth..

I would agree to this............ But, the poster says that the lines are behind the panel..........:eek:...........This is no place for a fuel or oil line especially with today's technology.

I would agree to this............ But, the poster says that the lines are behind the panel..........:eek:...........This is no place for a fuel or oil line especially with today's technology.
Hmm... Maybe I should move my manual primer, which is just to the right of my carb heat knob on the panel. :eek:

To replace the factory FF gage with a remote one would probably cost a couple grand. First you have to find one STC'd for this particular model 210. If successful you pay the STC holder a bunch of money for his gizmo. Otherwise you're up for a one time STC for the unit of your choice. 337, FAA consult, maybe a DER, test flights, ICA, etc. It's not a homebuilt. As for fuel lines behind the panel, probably 90% of piston twins have them and probably 60% of piston singles have them and they only ocasionally light off. The 210 FF gage is just a calibrated pressure gage tapped from the flow divider and marked for fuel flow, no transducer, which BTW might require another 337. You could just extend the existing lines with unions and more hard line. Easy, fast, cheap. Minor alteration in my book. 210's are possibly the worst panels for being totally stuffed from behind.