PCollins

I'm New Here
Ok,, I could not find the former comments/suggestions, but on the new RV8 there is a right wing drop at middle/high speed. How have you smart folks treated this?
Thanks,
Paul Collins
N8ZV

Welcome to VAF.

Paul, if it's a rigging issue, you squeeze the aileron trailing edge with a pair of wide jaw vice grips, or possibly your fingers, of the LIGHT wing, in your case the left wing.

Be sure that the ball is centered when you fly it to test and also that both tanks are equally full.

Only squeeze a short 2 or 3" at a time and go fly...repeat if necessary.

Best,

Ok,, I could not find the former comments/suggestions, but on the new RV8 there is a right wing drop at middle/high speed. How have you smart folks treated this?
Thanks,
Paul Collins
N8ZV
Hi Paul. Two things that might help:

1. Search "heavy wing" using the search function (above)-you should get plenty of reading.

2. See the Van's service bulletin (or whatever they call it) on the documents page of their website. They have one specifically devoted to heavy wings.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Something to consider:

The RV-6 I purchased would develop a heavy right wing which increased in severity as airspeed increased. There was just enought aileron trim available to control it. There was also a slight roll trim change with the initial flap extension.

After taking a good look at the ailerons and flaps, and in consideration of exactly what the airplane was doing, I decided to make a flap adjustment before bending anything. I shortened the left flap actuating rod 1/2 turn, (might have been 1 turn, I'd need to look at my maintenance notes) I got lucky and hit it right the first time. There is a now just the tiniest change in roll from Vso to Vne.

Doug