MikeyDale

Well Known Member
I made my first flight from the right seat of my 7 this morning. Did some turns, slow flight, and 4 touch and go's. The dual dynon screens made it easy! Swapped everything to the right side so nothing changed as far as instruments go. Horizon over the cowl took a little getting used too. Right hand stick was comfortable cause my Kolb steers with the right hand....Best part, wife's right seat is wedged up about 3 inches. I couldn't believe how much better I could see while taxiing! And it is so much softer than mine with extra cushions under the Classic Aero Aviator seats! Had to duck just a little closing the canopy (slider) but it is worth it with all the extra vision, I could actually see over the cowl!:p

Stick right; throttle left

Count me as another fan of flying from the right seat. I'm setting my -7 up with a symmetrical panel and plan to fly mostly from the right seat. Stick right, throttle left feels more natural for the fun sport flying RV's are best at.

I'm installing a throttle quadrant to make the engine controls nearly the same from both seats.

Fun fact, the DA20's used for USAF flight screening are setup with PIC in the right seat.