Nouj

Has any one got any experience of running a Hartzell C2YR-1BFP prop with the Vans supplied MT prop governor P860-4. Is it a positive experience and are you pleased with the unit. Does anyone know if the governor uses oil pressure to increase pitch? as my experience of MT is that they use oil pressure in the opposite sense ie to decrease pitch.

Nouj

Mt governors are made both ways. The 'normal' VANS supplied one uses pressure to increase pitch.

Mine works well (less than 5hrs so far), but with an MT prop.

MT Governor listing

Has any one got any experience of running a Hartzell C2YR-1BFP prop with the Vans supplied MT prop governor P860-4. Is it a positive experience and are you pleased with the unit. Does anyone know if the governor uses oil pressure to increase pitch? as my experience of MT is that they use oil pressure in the opposite sense ie to decrease pitch.

Nouj

MT governor, P-860-4, increases pitch with oil pressure. It is set to match the gear ratio for the rear mounted Lycoming 320 and 360 engines.

A matrix of the MT governors and Lycoming engines is provided on the MT Governor page of www.ca-propeller.com.
This includes the respective gear ratio on each Lycoming engine.

Regards,
Jim Ayers