N8Higgies

I'd like to have my own airplane someday soon, and am looking for advice on the best way to go about that. I am currently about half-way finished with Air Force pilot training. I earned my PPL before joining the Air Force and had about 80 hours before starting pilot training. I would guess I have about another 75 or so in the T-6 for a grand total of around 150+ hours and counting. By the time I finish pilot training, I should have about 250.

After reading a lot on this site, I'm really interested in owning an RV. However, I have never had the opportunity of flying one. My favorite models as of now are the 8 and the 10. I like the fact the 8 can turn upside down. But I also have a family of four, so the 10 sounds like fun cross country time to visit family back home.

Here are my questions. How much could I expect to pay for insurance on either of these models with my respective time (no tail wheel time as of yet)? Also, is there anyone near Enid Oklahoma with an 8 or 10 that would be willing to take me up so I can get acquainted with how an RV flies? Of course I'll foot the bill for the gas.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nate

Hope your enjoying Enid America! Which squadron and flight are you with in T-6s. I have buddy whose an instructor there. Good luck to you.

Lol...Forgot all about the "new" T-6 primary trainer..was having a pre 1947 flashback...best of luck earning those Air Force wings. Give me six months Lt....then come out to Las Vegas...you can have left seat in a -10, gas is on me.

Texan II

I'm in P flight in the 33rd. And if I don't get an offer before than, I may make the trip to Vegas for a ride in six months. I am originally from Utah, so that's entirely possible. Thanks for the offer.

Nate