ProCoach

Well Known Member
We had another first yesterday. Here's a link to that video...
http://prosgetpaid.com/Liles_Flight.wmv

Rick says...

I wish to thank my wife Sue for her understanding, and Jeff Church, Jim Dickson, Bob Stites,and Larry Griffin for their assistance. The plane flies better than my old RV6-A, and it flew fantastic.

A special Thanks to Cam Benton for his fantastic formation flying skills, and his son Wes for Video taping the first flight.

Richard Liles
N682R
Vans s/n 71654
806-687-2923
7313 80th street
Lubbock Texas 79424

Way to Go!!

Great job, Rick...and great looking RV!

I'll need to come up some time and see it in person.

Sam

The black tape

First and foremost ... Congratulations!

Second, what is the black tape on the front left of the canopy of the chase RV-4? It's about 3 inches long, almost horizontal. Would I be right in guessing it is a reference for formation flying?

Lycosaurus said:
...what is the black tape on the front left of the canopy of the chase RV-4? It's about 3 inches long, almost horizontal. Would I be right in guessing it is a reference for formation flying?

It is my "sight gauge" in lieu of wingtip hardware. I use it during aerobatics and EMT. It references the horizon (in straight and level flight.) I originally planned to add a vertical and "45"s, but found this is really all I need, as I can readily interpret unusual attitudes just from the horizon line.

It's just black pinstripe I applied at eye level in cruise attitude. Low tech, simple, cheap, clean and works like a charm.

I don't use it in formation flying at all.

Congratulations Rick, Beautiful airplane.
The engine out of your old plane that you rebuilt and sold to me is still running strong in my RV-6 with over 500 hrs on it. way to go. :

Al McCreery
RV-6 N822WY
Cody, WY