md9680

Well Known Member
Friend
I was final fitting all the pieces of one side of the HS and, even though there's an HS-909 shim on the front end of the center HS-904 rib, there's still a gap between the rib and rear spar. Should I make the HS-909 from thicker material or make a couple more? I didn't actually have to fabricate the HS-909s. They came in a separate baggie in this kit that I picked up from a former builder. Maybe he made it from stock that was too thin??? Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

STA70133.jpg

STA70126.jpg

Mike,

Unless I'm mistaken (don't have my plans here at work) you should have a rather thick piece that connects the two rear spars together like the forward spar. That should take up 95% of the space and the shim should cover the rest. It's a pretty thin shim. I really think you are missing a piece here.

I believe it should be an HS-907 on the front spar and it looks like you are missing the HS-906 on the rear spar in your build up. It should look pretty much identical to the HS-907 just with less holes in it.

Yes, you have a splice plate that is .125" or .187" that connects the 2 horizontals that is not in there. You shouldn't need a shim once it in place.

ra3qwy.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Well, talk about a DUH! moment! Of course I forgot about the HS-906 during the piecing process!! Thanks, guys. :eek: