Rainmaker

Ok So I got my tail kit! Yeah

Everything was there upon inventory. Woopee!

However the left elevator horn has had some of its powder coat chipped off. Should I return it to Vans for a replacement or just sand and prime it now?

img2002rl8.jpg

Matt:

Van's sells a bottle of touch-up paint that you can cover this area with.

Now get busy and drill some holes! ;)

Regards,

Squirt it with a can of rustoleum or equivalent. If you worry about little things like chipped paint on weldments, you'll get trapped in unimportant details, won't enjoy the project, and will never finish it.

For the next 3 (?) years your task is to move your project forward a little bit every day while overcoming a gazillion little setbacks along the way...

Yes... but...

Kyle Boatright said:
Squirt it with a can of rustoleum or equivalent. If you worry about little things like chipped paint on weldments, you'll get trapped in unimportant details, won't enjoy the project, and will never finish it.

For the next 3 (?) years your task is to move your project forward a little bit every day while overcoming a gazillion little setbacks along the way...

But the correct thing to do would be to clean off the corrosion that is already visible before you "squirt it"... A Scotch Brite disk in a die grinder would do it in seconds....

You should worry a bit about corrosion the has already started on bare steel. I would not rate it as unimportant like Kyle....

gil in Tucson

Thanks!

I know it's a total newbie question, but being one of the few steel parts I figured I'd be a bit over cautious with it. OK. touch up paint ordered. Now where did I sit my drill?