PilotBrent

Well Known Member
Before Van's began discouraging new orders for the new wing electrical connectors (to avoid confusion I guess before they start shipping Skyview kits), I had already ordered & received mine and began installing it. Was about to finish my wings and I wanted to put them into storage without having to replace the electrical connectors later. Have not seen them shown on here yet, so here are some pictures. Seems like a far superior way to connect up the lights/stall warning to the rest of the aircraft.

After removing the existing bracket, a drilling template helps direct where to drill several attachment holes for new hardware.
2e6bvie.jpg

All of the wires including ground need new ES-00079 pins installed. Similar to the Molex pins that I had already used. They snap into the new ES-00077 or 78 connectors. Note the two stand-offs that hold the new connector to each wing. There is also a doubler plate you can't see on the other side of the rib.
ofq06o.jpg

Completed install on right wing. Matching blue connector will eventually be installed on the fuse. Parts are available for that in this kit when I get there.
29vgbyg.jpg

Thanks for the photos Brent. I just received the plans to do the install but have not ordered the parts yet. My wings are done so I will have to make room to lay them out to do this update, but it appears worth it comparied to the current set-up. :D

Where is the template?

My kit has the old style, but my neighbour has the newer system. He received the plugs but no template for drilling or stiffener, that we can find.
Where is the drill template? Is it a separate piece of paper or is it on a plans page?
Appreciate the help.

You may need to call Vans. They send an aluminum drill template with the Skyview kit that is multipurpose for many different holes. They may have forgotten to include it in a wing-update-only kit.