tonyjohnson

Well Known Member
I am looking for a retaining pin for the rear stick. I have seen one that has a button that must be pushed to release it. Does anyone know where to get that? Do most of you just use a screw and nut, or the pin?

Any thoughts or observations would be appreciated.

Thanks

McMaster or ....

.....If you have a Boat US or West Marine handy, they also carry these pins. Sorry I don't have a part number handy.

Paul

McMaster-Carr, baby!

McMaster.com has them, but they are pricey. Search on their website for "quick release pins".

92385A_200dimension.gif

pins

Paul and Mickey,

Thanks for your repsonses. I checked out the website of McMaster-Carr, Mickey is right they are indeed pricey at over $20. I'll stop by the local West Marine and see what I can find there. Otherwise, I think I will go with a scres and nut.

Skycraft

Tony,

Try Skycraft, on Fairbanks just East of I-4. I believe you'll find them in the second isle on the left towards the back.

Dick

West Marine had the 3/16" * 1" stainless steel pin with the pull ring on the end for about $9.00. It's a perfect fit for my 6's passenger side.

pins

Dick,

Thanks for the info. I was at skycraft yestarday and they do have such pins but the retaining ball is tiny and I was afraid that I could not drill such a precise hole. I buy lots of stuff at skycraft :)

L Admanson,

That sounds just like what I need. I hope they are open today. Thanks.