szicree

Well Known Member
I have the Van's 45 degree restrictor fitting for my oil and fuel pressure lines, but do I need one for manifold pressure as well?

Also, it appears that there are two ports just to the right of the vacuum pump pad. Can I use either one of these for oil pressure. I also see a port on the right side of the oil filter mount, and another near the oil cooler fitting. Are all these equal?? Thanks.

I don't think you need a restrictor fitting for manifold pressure line. The restrictors on oil and fuel lines limit the oil and fuel leak when the line got loose. Here is my manifold pressure line installation:
http://picasaweb.google.com/tc1234c/Engine/photo#5136574787176082994

I believe that you can use either of the two ports right of the vacuum pump pad. When I received my engine, one of them was plug and I just used the other. I am not sure about the other ports you mentioned.

Last edited:
I don't think you need a restrictor fitting for manifold pressure line. The restrictors on oil and fuel lines limit the oil and fuel leak when the line got loose.

I agree, but figure that my engine will run rough as heck if that MAP hose breaks or the MAP sensor leaks internally. I'm also thinking that the intake pulses could cause erratic MAP readings.

Steve I recommend you put the restrictor in.

I agree, but figure that my engine will run rough as heck if that MAP hose breaks or the MAP sensor leaks internally. I'm also thinking that the intake pulses could cause erratic MAP readings.
Steve I would run a restrictor. What happens is some how some liquid mixture (oily/water/fuel) can condensate in the line. The MAP line port is wide open to the intake port area.

There is back-flow and stuff that can push junk into the MAP line which can make it to the MAP gauge or sender. The restrictor helps a lot in keeping back flow moisture from getting into the line and sender/gauge.

Try to make sure you MAP sender or gauge is as high as possible. Also a nice dip in the line from the engine to firewall helps collect the wet "stuff". If you make the line straight and angled down from the engine and right into the sender you can contaminate it. Cleaning of the MAP line from time to time is a good idea.

If you run FI its considered a DRY manifold, so the chance of the MAP line getting wet is less.

If you run a Carb, its a wet manifold system and fuel is running right by the MAP line port.

Last edited:
Restrictor in MAP line

I would also put a restrictor fitting into the MAP line, just in case. It should also dampen fluctuations quite well...