JohnF

Well Known Member
I removed the protective covering on the tip up canopy and noticed a small area in the forward corner where somehow I got resin on the plexiglass. Its not a big area but its something I want to remove.

The question is: How? I'd like to remove it without doing damage to the plexiglass. Your ideas?

Have you tried your thumb nail? The resin is not prone to stick to smooth surfaces very well.

Have you tried your thumb nail? The resin is not prone to stick to smooth surfaces very well.

Larry is right, if it is a somewhat thing drip or run you usually can get it to pop off without doing any damage. I have done it by very carefully popping it loose with the corner of a new razor blade. Not scraping, just use the point to lift and pop it loose.

I can't tell if you have a finished canopy (eg flying a/c or at least done with canopy work) or you have the original glass to work on. If the latter, it may be in an area that will be cut off, so no worries needed. But, if this is a finished canopy, then what has been said should suffice.