rvmills

Well Known Member
VAF Team,

I'm researching RV accident rates for a comparative analysis with other aircraft types and GA in general. I have some very general numbers from public data, but would like to get a little more granular, if possible. I'd also like to make sure I have valid and current data.

The big picture numbers are accidents and fatalities per 100K hours, but I'd also like to be able to break it down between Phase I and Phase II if possible.

Research (Nall Reports , etc.) and Forum searches have not yielded all I'm looking for so far, so I'm tossing out a feeler to see if I can get a pointer to more comprehensive RV accident statistics. I'll be shooting a note to the guys at RVSafety.org, and a colleague is contacting his insurance broker to see what data they have (and can share).

As we work those avenues, if anyone here on VAF can point me in the direction of a good data mine, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!

Cheers (and Happy New Year!),

Bob

Bob - the guy you probably need to talk to is Ron Wanttaja - he did a detailed analysis of homebuilt accidents a few years ago as a series in Kitplanes. I'll email you his contact info.

Paul

Bob,
you should also get in touch with the FAA gentleman working on the additional pilot during phase I. He had a lot of data regarding Phase I accident rate when I spoke with him.

Bob,
you should also get in touch with the FAA gentleman working on the additional pilot during phase I. He had a lot of data regarding Phase I accident rate when I spoke with him.

Sent that contact info to you as well Bob.