AUS_RV

I'm New Here
I am concerned about this statement, I have a O-320 that has been rebuilt after a crash but the Aircraft will never fly again. Can the Engine be sold on and used in another aircraft with consideration to the below statement from RV ?

"An OEM agreement with Lycoming allows Van's Aircraft to sell to RV builder's factory new experimental engines at prices far below list. This agreement specifies that engines may be sold only to those who have purchased a complete RV kit. The engine must be installed in that aircraft. Only one engine may be sold per RV kit."

Any genuine thoughts / suggestions welcome ??

I believe this refers to the preferential pricing. It is designed to go with it's intended marketing objectives.

You can't buy a new one at the discounted price for a glasair project.

However once you own it, and have used it I believe you can do whatever you want with it. Put it on a different airplane (experimental of course a Cessna's require a certified engine), or sell it to someone for an experimental, or even airboat.

I'm not a lawyer though....
Mark

thanks for that I hope that you are correct otherwise its just been over hauled for no reason and is an expensive paper weight

Bottom line is that it's as Mark said; Lyc won't let Van's sell at the reduced price except on a one-time basis for each RV-x kit number. What the purchaser ultimately does with the engine in the future is their business.